Yikes! Check out what I've agreed to...

...my neighbor (and new best friend!) Emilie and I have agreed to run a 5K! Yeah you read that right! Me, running a 5K. Who do I think I am? Up until 3 days ago the longest distance I'd run (since high school) was about 50 yards. But Emilie assured me I could do it and since I hate the "I can't" attitude I agreed to give it a try.
The first night out we ran about 3/4 of a mile! I was truly impressed with myself. The second night out we ran just shy of mile and last night we ran atleast a full mile. Gotta tell you wasn't that hard, did I just say that? I think I had just built things up in my head.
Did I mention the 5K is in 2 weeks? Yeah, I have no patience. We fully intend to walk a little if needed but I'm pretty confident (at least at this point) that we will run the whole thing.
It's in Warrenville on July 3rd! Come out and support us at the Firecracker 5K!