I am Shawn Johnson!



Courtney is obsessed with Shawn Johnson. She spends hours a day prentending that she is Shawn. Every time I have the computer open she asks to watch Shawn Johnson videos.
It all started about 3 weeks ago when we watched the US Gymnastics Trials. She instantly locked on Shawn stating that, "she is my girl, the one with the purple leotard and white bow." The next week she spent moping around because she didn't look like Shawn. I broke down (because it was really all very cute) and took her to the dance shop to buy a purple leotard. We walked in the door and she went right up to the saleslady and said, "I need a purple leotard with longs sleeves and a white bow so I can look just like Shawn Johnson!" I don't think the saleslady even knew who Shawn was but she helped us anyway pulling several different leotards off the shelf and helping Courtney try them on right there in the middle of the store. We finally found one, paid and left to go to Starbucks for a much need coffee break. While in Starbucks, Courtney showed off her bag (with leotard in it) to anyone who would look at her. She told them all she was Shawn Johnson. This would have been so cute had anyone in the Starbucks known who Shawn was or could understand what Courtney was saying.
She came home that day and put on her leotard and danced all over the living room. She did some running somersaults and a lot of 'vaulting' off the ottoman. She likes to wear it during naptime, perhaps so she can dream she is Shawn.
Last week, my parents sent Courtney an autographed picture of Shawn! We opened the envelope and Courtney's face lit up. I said, "who is that!?" She answered, "that's me!"

What do you think? Do we have a shot at the 2020 Olympics?