Spring Break 2009

I took the kids to Des Moines for Spring Break. We went to the Science Center the first day and it was a ton of fun! The kids really had a great time. First we went to the IMAX movie which was about Ocean Life or Under the Sea, something like that. Courtney was scared of the seat and insisted on sitting on my lap. She then talked through the entire 45 minute movie. She kept asking if the fish were going to "get us" and asking if her hair was wet. It was really cute. Matt did really well too. He sat in the movie theater chair no problem. I saw him reach out a few times, like he was trying to touch the fish.
Below are some pictures from the Science Center.




Here are few pictures of our trip to Valley West Mall to see the Easter Bunny. I cannot believe Matt didn't cry when I sat him on the Bunny's lap, I'm not sure he realized he was real (meaning not a statue!) I was tipped off to this kid thought from Courtney who must have asked me 10 times if he was real.
The train was really funny. I wasn't allowed to go through the gate with them. They had to get in the train car by themselves, then an employee buckled them in. Matt was totally fine walking away without me. He waved the entire time.
I do have to mention Valley West Mall is completely different! I can't believe that was the same place.


Playing in the park with Grandpa.

Sleepy time...