Wow! Have we had one crazy summer. I'm so bad, I didn't take enough pictures of it. In less than a week now Courtney will start kindergarten, Matt will start preschool, and Patrick will start watching football again. Maybe then I will have time to update this blog more.
We did a lot of fun stuff this summer. The kids are old enough that we were able to be out on the move more. Plus....the best part....Matt is no longer taking naps. Seems strange to be so excited about that but really it has helped us to get out and do more things during the day and sleep better at night;)
Here are some things we did this summer...
...roasted some marshmallows...

...watched 6 kids swim in a tiny pool...

...Courtney preformed in her gymnastics showcase....

....and a dance recital...

...went to the Lincoln Park Zoo...made funny hats...rode on a carousel...rode lots of carousels all summer...

...went to the car show (a lot!)...

...went to Des Moines...went to Maryville...became an aunt again twice in one week (yes, that has happened to me twice now)...

....went to college...Courtney married Uncle Chris....

...had a tea party or 40....

....went to the Field Museum....saw Sue...got scared....

...sat on the steps outside the museum and whined....

...went to Navy Pier...rode the ferris wheel...

...went to Millenium Park...

...went to the Sears Tower (ehmm...Willis Tower)....stood on top of Chicago....

....sat on top of Chicago....

...went to the Brookfield Zoo (a lot)...painted our faces....

....to look like a butterfly best friends....

....got shot up playing paintball....

....went bowling....

...but the best thing we did this summer was host an exchange student from France. Cyprien came and stayed with us for the month of August. We had so much fun and did so many things we would not have normally done...ehem, paintball!

Ok, I admit he does look a little scary in the above picture..but I promise he was not. And no, Dad, I never did have to bail him out of jail.
