The Pageant

Well the preschool Christmas pageant was the other night.  Courtney was very excited to get on stage and sing as loud as she could (go figure!).   She had been practicing her songs for weeks and even knew the sign language that went went some of them (very Napoleon Dynamite).  She can tell you the entire Christmas story and not leave out a single detail, including King Herrod sending soldiers to kill the Baby Jesus.  I guess at school they don't leave out any details.  Oh and she now thinks Aunt Beth lives in Bethlahem, can you say Beth-la-hem?  Very good.
Well we tried to make a big deal out of the pageant since she had been working so hard to learn all the songs.  And she told us she was playing Mary.  I thought maybe she was confused  but still held out a little hope that she got the lead role in the production.  So I hot-rolled her hair before the show and let her wear a little make-up too.  This probably ended up being the biggest highlight of the evening.  
After the show we told her it was her special day and we would go where she wanted for dinner.  I thought for sure she would pick "Miscdonalds" but instead threw for for loop by requesting sushi.  So there we are with 2 little little kids in a sushi restaurant scouring the menu looking for something kid-friendly.  They barely had a high chair for Matt.  But they did have practice chop sticks and Courtney did a very good job with them.  
We didn't take many pictures because we ordered a video of the show.  I'm sure at the next family get-together you will all get to see it.........more than once:)