Supergirl!

Courtney changed her mind and has now decided she wants to be Supergirl for Halloween. I'm surprised that she knows who Supergirl is, but she saw her costume at Target and really really wanted it. I refused to buy her another costume, since I already bought her an Ariel costume. She looks and me and says, "fine, I'll make it myself!" Ok, whatever. So we go home and after four hours of not being able to find the *right* pieces to make her own Supergirl costume I breakdown and tell her I'll make her a red skirt. I had some red fabric in the basement so I snip and sew, throw in little elastic in and she has a cute (kinda wonky) Supergirl skirt. She's happy.
Then I look down and see two scraps of fabric left from the skirt and realize if I sew them together, she'll have a cape. Well then I couldn't stop. I'd been dying to applique something since I got my new sewing machine so I ran to Walmart got a cheap blue shirt (I know, I said I wasn't going to buy anything). I pieced together some fabric scraps, ironed on some fusible binding and carefully sewed all the black lines around the logo. Not bad, for my first time, huh?
So now Courtney is bounding all over the house with paper towel roll in hand looking for people to save. Funny, that she knew exactly what Supergirl does.